AKA my current face. We all have those days when you just don’t have time to do some fancy dancy eyeliner or use multiple shades of concealer to get perfectly chiseled cheeks. For the last few weeks I’ve been feeling a little under the weather and going out has been a bit of an effort. With all that being said, I’ve wanted to look human (opposed to the bed-headed essay-writing snot nosed thing I’ve become) in the quickest time possible with the least amount of effort. Thanks to these 7 budget products I’ve managed to get that down to around 5 minutes. Now that is a quick turn around.
- Lacura Beauty Concealer Pen – I have raved about this for years, but it is seriously good. A dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat, it brightens under my eyes whilst having enough coverage to hide the most sleepless night. What’s even better is that it doesn’t cake, and looks natural enough to be worn alone if you’re skipping a base.
- Rimmel Radiance BB Cream – To be honest, I’m not using this because it’s a hero product, more for the fact I have a tiny bit left and it matches my barely-there face tan that I’m clinging on to from the States. What I do like about this though is that it gives you a medium coverage whilst looking natural. It’s glowy without looking like an extra from some kind of sci-fi film and lasts all day. The shade range is slightly limited, but because of that I find it adapts to small changes in your skin tone, so if you don’t really tan like me, this is a good option to work pre- and post holiday. Apply it with your fingers of using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for a more polished look.
- 17 Eyebrow Pencil The first eyebrow pencil that I ever bought (not this exact one, don’t worry), and I still go back to it when I’m in a rush. It’s a perfect shade match for me and lasts all day. If you don’t have all day to get each of your brows looking like twins, this is great because it blends super easily and fills in gaps like a dream. An oldy, but a goody.
- MUA Mosaic Bronzer There’s only two contours I use; this and MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Medium Deep. Pale girls listen up, if you want a natural contour without hours of blending to avoid harsh stripes across your cheek, this is one you might want to pick up. The mixture of shades means it looks super natural and flattering whilst suiting every skin tone. It’s super cheap and you get loads. An everyday staple.
- Sleek Rose Gold Blush I beg Sleek to never ever discontinue this blush. A perfect dupe for Nars Orgasm, it has enough shimmer to inject some life into your face without looking like a magpie’s best friend. The rosey shade is perfect for any occasion so I have no fear when I liberally apply this to the apples at stupid o’clock.
- Topshop Glow Highlighter I originally bought this because I forgot my beloved MAC Strobe Liquid but it’s now found a place in my heart. This cream highlighter is quite thick in consistency and really packs a punch, so you need to have woken up for this part otherwise things could go horrendously wrong. Saying that, you can’t get any easier than smearing a little on the top of your cheekbones with a finger before bending. Just think of it as metallic war paint.
- Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara I do my mascara last, because, well, by this time I will have woken up a bit and have less chance of poking a wand in my eye. I’m not brand loyal when it comes to mascara and will try anything going. This one is the one I happen to be using at the moment and it’s fairing pretty well. I tend to stick to waterproof because my eyes water and the winter wind makes me look like a panda. Whilst waterproof, it does still smudge a little so probably not one that will be appearing again anytime soon.
So that’s what’s been on my face lately. A bit of a mish-mash of budget loves, and things I’m just trying to use up but they all do the job when time is tight. What products do you swear by when you’re in a rush? I’d love to hear your recommendations.